- Key members of Donald Trump’s inner circle will attend the Saudi economic forum known as “Davos in the Desert” one year after shunning it in the aftermath of Jamal Khashoggi’s murder.
- US Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner will fly to Riyadh for the Future Investment Initiative (FII,) Quartz reported Monday.
- In October 2018, Mnuchin abandoned plans to attend the conference after talks with Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
- He never specified why he didn’t attend, but the conference took place just weeks after Khashoggi’s killing.
- The conference in Riyadh, which takes place from October 29 to read more >>>