- In 1999, Columbine High School, in Littleton, Colorado, faced at the time the largest school shooting in American history.
- Now 20 years later, survivors still suffer debilitating side effects from the trauma of that day.
- Four Columbine survivors spoke with Business Insider in 2018 about the aftermath of the tragedy, their efforts to help preempt future tragedies, and work with other survivors of mass shootings.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
- Editor’s Note: This story was originally published in February 2018. It has been updated for the 20th anniversary of the Columbine shooting.
When a mass shooting grips a nation, as it read more >>>