25 photos of Nintendo’s 130-year rise from a playing card company to fan-favorite gaming giant (NTDOY)
|09/17/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- 130 years ago on September 23, 1889, Nintendo was born — but not the incarnation of Nintendo we know today.
- Founder Fusajiro Yamauchi began the company by selling hand-painted playing cards, which eventually became the most popular brand in Japan.
- Nintendo has gone through many iterations. It once sold ramen noodles, and then decided to try out a taxi service.
- Today, Nintendo is known for its consumer electronics, iconic video game characters, and many, many gaming systems.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Nintendo turns 130 this year. And like any company that’s been around for over a century, a read more >>>