- James R. has been semi-retired for five years. He lives on part-time income from an online teaching job, and hasn’t had to dip into his retirement accounts yet.
- He found that because he already lived simply, spent little, and stayed out of debt before retiring, his retirement transition was simple.
- He would tell anyone wanting to retire soon to start buying less and consider paying off their mortgage.
- Business Insider is looking for retirement stories to feature in our Real Retirement series. If you’re in or nearing retirement and want to share, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- personal finance read more >>>