A DNA test claims to tell you how you’ll respond to depression medications. Here’s what scientists think of it.
|10/09/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Several companies make DNA tests that claim to tell you how well you’ll respond to certain antidepressants based on your genetic profile.
- Two personalized medicine companies — Assurex and Genomind — offer some of the most popular tests and work with physicians and pharmacists to provide them to patients.
- A chain of Albertsons pharmacies in Chicago, Philadelphia, and Boise is running a pilot program in which pharmacists can offer the Genomind test.
- Silicon Valley genetics testing startup Color Genomics recently began offering a similar test as part of its services.
- The costs of the tests range from $250 to $750, but some scientists read more >>>