A drastic plunge in shipping to China is the latest horrible signal for its economy
|01/15/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- A drastic slowdown in the rate at which numerous commodities are being shipped to China suggests slowing demand for raw materials in the world’s second economy.
- That is a sign that a wider economic slowdown is in the works.
- “Recent shipping data has turned negative with charter rates across all sectors notably weaker compared to late November levels,” Morgan Stanley analysts Fotis Giannakoulis, Qianlei Fan, and Max Yaras wrote.
- “The synchronized decline may be a warning for Chinese commodity demand,” they added.
- The data is just the latest in a long line of worrying news for the Chinese economy.
There has been a drastic slowdown read more >>>