A federal regulator has opened up an inquiry into the effort by Google and a massive hospital system to reportedly collect private health data on millions of Americans in secret
|11/13/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- A federal regulator has opened up an inquiry into Google’s partnership with the hospital system Ascension, The Wall Street Journal reported.
- The Journal first reported on the collaboration between the two companies and their efforts to collect personal health information on millions of Americans on Monday.
- Data such as lab results and hospital records were compiled for millions of people as part of the project, which has been termed “Project Nightingale,” The Journal said.
- Neither patients nor doctors were notified, and at least 150 Google employees have access to the patients’ data, the paper added.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for read more >>>