A former NYC drug cop who bought his first property for $22,000 now has a $400 million real-estate portfolio, and he says he doesn’t even track the value of it
|06/18/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Former narcotics detective Greg O’Connell owns $400 million worth of real estate in Brooklyn, according to Bloomberg.
- Red Hook, Brooklyn was known as a ghost town after industrial buildings and storehouses abandoned the area in the twentieth century.
- Bloomberg reports that O’Connell currently owns around 1.3 million square feet of buildings and 385,000 square feet of undeveloped land in Brooklyn.
- O’Connell told Bloomberg he fears rising land values and taxes will continue to gentrify the neighborhood, which was recently named an opportunity zone.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Former narcotics detective Greg O’Connell spent years serving New read more >>>