A laid-off Oracle cloud developer says there’s been a power struggle between Oracle’s Seattle and Silicon Valley offices — and Seattle won (ORCL)
|03/27/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Business Insider has learned more details about Oracle’s layoffs happening this month, from someone who was laid off last week.
- This person was a developer on Oracle’s cloud.
- It’s unusual for a company to cut the people building bet-the-business products.
- But there’s been a power struggle between two groups inside Oracle, this person said.
- And these layoffs may actually be a good thing for the company.
Oracle is laying off staff this month and, although the company rarely gives details on them, layoffs at Oracle happen with regularity. Oracle has reported restructuring costs in its financials for years (including 2013, 2015, 2016, read more >>>