A music executive at one of the world’s biggest talent agencies says hip hop is the new rock and roll, and Travis Scott is the new rock star
|03/23/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Brian Ahern is co-head of the London music division of William Morris Entertainment (WME), one of the biggest talent agencies in the world.
- He told Business Insider that the concept of a “rock star” is evolving.
- He believes hip hip is so widely accepted now that it’s “probably the new rock and roll,” and the likes of Travis Scott and Kendrick Lamar are the new rock stars.
- Along with traditional musicians like Drake and Rihanna, the agency works with digital stars and influencers like Casey Neistat and Lily Singh.
- Ahern believes these modern artists are rock stars in their own right, too.
Brian Ahern knows read more >>>