- VMware confirmed the speculation that it was buying its sister company Pivotal — and surprised Wall Street street by announcing a second multi-billion acquisition of Carbon Black, as well.
- The Pivotal deal is valued at $2.7 billion, and the Carbon Black deal is valued at $2.1 billion.
- Often when a billionaire has total control over multiple companies and one of his companies buys another when it hits a rough patch, it’s not a good sign. In this case, there are some good reasons for VMware to have bought Pivotal.
- And Carbon Black speaks to a growth area for VMware: End-user computing.
- Unfortunately, read more >>>