A top industry consultant reveals the 2 key reasons why he thinks US banks are beginning to raise their voices on climate change and sustainability issues
|01/23/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- PwC’s US head Tim Ryan said at Davos that he expects American companies to increasingly take climate change as a serious threat over the next year.
- He said that US banks are leading the way in terms of building momentum.
- Ryan attributed this to the banks being excellent assessors of risk, as well as being in a position where they can comfortably invest in sustainability initiatives, relative to global competitors.
- PwC has signed on to the World Economic Forum’s plan for adopting industry-spanning sustainability metrics, a plan that is coordinated by Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more read more >>>