Alphabet says Loon and Wing are ready to become real businesses, but it’s impossible to know if any of its ‘other bets’ are paying off (GOOG)
|07/12/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Alphabet announced that Wing and Loon, two projects developed by its X research lab, have now graduated to being full businesses in its “other bets” category.
- The move means the company thinks their technical problems are solved and it’s time for them to develop as businesses.
- That’s potentially good news for investors, but it’s hard to know just what to make of it.
- Collectively, Alphabet’s other bets have been losing billions of dollars each year and dragging down the company’s earnings.
- But because the company offers no details on the individual results of its other bets companies, it’s impossible for outsiders to assess which read more >>>