- Wing, the aerial-delivery venture spun out of Google, has become the first US drone operator to receive federal clearance as an airline.
- That means Wing can start legally dropping packages on people’s front doorsteps in the states.
- Wing says it will begin testing services in two southwestern Virginia towns and hopes to launch there by later this year.
- In Australia — where the company has been testing since 2014 — Wing drones deliver everything from burritos to coffees to over-the-counter medications. Commercial services in Virginia will likely be similar.
- Other companies like Uber and UPS are vying for read more >>>