- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos’ fortune grew by $13.5 billion in just 15 minutes on Thursday.
- Bezos’ windfall came after Amazon’s stock price increased by 12% to $12,000 during trading Thursday in New York.
- The bulk of Bezos’ $116 billion fortune comes from his Amazon stock, with ventures such as Blue Origin and the Washington Post newspaper comprising the rest.
- Thursday’s stock surge came after a stellar quarter for Amazon, as it posted revenues of $87 billion for the fourth quarter of 2019 – up from $72.4 billion in Q4 2018.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.