- Amazon is working with credit card companies to create terminals to allow users to pay for items with biometric data from their handprint, The WSJ reported.
- The online retailer previously patented such technology, which had been presumed to be used at its Whole Food stores
- Amazon currently allows shoppers at its Amazon Go grocery store to pay for items without ever going through a checkout process by downloading the Amazon Go app.
- The technology could give Amazon more information about consumer spending habits, which could allow them to charge a higher rate to advertisers.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage here.
Amazon has read more >>>