AMC Theatres chooses trailers over toothpaste ads as Netflix and Disney Plus threaten big-screen audiences
|01/16/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- AMC Theatres hasn’t joined rivals in running ads after movies’ publicized showtimes because it prefers to promote future flicks.
- AMC might also be worried about alienating movie fans. It faces a tougher fight for their attention this year as the list of online video-streaming services expands from Netflix to Disney Plus and others.
- “We want to advertise the products we’re going to sell,” said Craig Ramsey, the finance chief of parent company AMC Entertainment.
- “Do we want to advertise toothpaste? That would be a little facetious.”
- View Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
- Watch AMC trade live here.
AMC Theatres hasn’t read more >>>