- An American bitcoin trader faces a possible death sentence in Thailand after authorities confiscated his floating home, which he built in an attempt to declare an autonomous seaborne community.
- Chad Elwartowski and his girlfriend Supranee Thepdet had been living in the so-called “seastead,” but fled before authorities arrived.
- According to Thai authorities, the pair claimed they were beyond the jurisdiction of Thailand. The country denies it and said their actions were “deteriorating Thailand’s independence.”
- Elwartowski and Thepdet built the home to test the viability of creating a floating community in international waters, which would not be subject to the laws of any nation.
- <a target="_blank" read more >>>