Apple canceled the premiere of ‘The Banker,’ its first major movie starring Samuel L. Jackson and Anthony Mackie, as it investigates ‘concerns surrounding the film’
|11/21/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Apple abruptly canceled the Thursday premiere of its movie “The Banker” at AFI Fest.
- The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline reported it was due to concerns raised involving the real-life subjects of the movie.
- Apple has put on hold the movie’s theatrical and streaming release while it investigates “recently uncovered, and potentially damaging, charges,” Deadline said.
- “Last week some concerns surrounding the film were brought to our attention,” Apple said in a statement. “We, along with the filmmakers, need some time to look into these matters and determine the best next steps.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple’s first major theatrical movie is read more >>>