Apple’s ‘The Banker’ crew and actors, including Samuel L. Jackson, defended the movie after its real-life subject’s son was accused of sexual abuse
|12/02/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Filmmakers, actors, and crew members behind Apple’s “The Banker” issued a statement on Monday defending the movie.
- “We stand by the film, and its positive message of empowerment,” the statement said.
- Bernard Garrett Jr. — a coproducer on the movie and the son of Garrett Sr., who is played by Anthony Mackie — was accused by his half sisters of molesting them when they were young, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- The movie’s theatrical release has been postponed and its debut on Apple TV Plus is in doubt.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.