At Vice Media’s once high-flying ad agency Carrot — a founder is out and insiders describe a hostile culture toward women
|02/01/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Founded in a Connecticut basement in 2005, digital ad agency Carrot Creative was a success story — eventually being acquired by Vice in 2013.
- As of Tuesday, cofounder and Vice digital chief Mike Germano is no longer with the company following an investigation into sexual misconduct.
- Current and former employees at Carrot have spoken with Business Insider and described a workplace that, they said, was littered with sexism and misogyny.
- The incidents they have described range from being casually told to look pretty and dress well for client meetings to being pulled into Germano’s lap and facing lewd comments.
- The acute power imbalances at read more >>>