- Emirates Airline ordered 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliners at the Dubai Airshow on Wednesday.
- While Emirates’ firming the Dreamliner order was good news for Boeing, it came at a cost — the airline reduced its order for the new Boeing 777X to 126 planes, down from 156.
- The 777X program has faced myriad delays, frustrating airline customers.
- Sign up for Business Insider’s transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Emirates Airline and Boeing announced a deal for 30 of the plane maker’s 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft, worth $8.8 read more >>>