Broadcom and CA sink after Sen. Rand Paul calls for a national security review of their merger (AVGO, CA)
|10/10/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Broadcom and CA shares slid Wednesday after Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) called for a federal national security review of their merger.
- Broadcom announced an $18.9 billion deal to acquire CA in July.
- That deal came after President Donald Trump, in March, blocked Broadcom’s attempted purchase of the chipmaker Qualcomm, citing national security concerns.
- Broadcom, a semiconductor company which was previously based in Singapore, registered itself as a US corporation in April. CA is an American software company.
- Watch Broadcom and CA trade in real time here.