Cars will start paying for their own gas and parking as soon as this year. Here’s why Visa is betting on a world of invisible payments.
|01/11/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The internet of things (IoT) refers to the network of everyday objects that are plugged into the internet.
- And as IoT continues to mature, experts and industry leaders are exploring applications through something we all do — buying stuff.
- Visa is exploring IoT payments through cars, and it thinks cars could pay for their own parking in as soon as 12 months.
- Citi Ventures is also eyeing the space. It’s backing CarIQ, a startup that’s already exploring payments initiated from vehicles without needing a credit card.
- But VCs at Edison Partners caution that while the funding is there for startups launching IoT platforms, it read more >>>