China axed its live broadcast of the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale, reportedly because of the US-China trade war, and fans were furious (KYG8757216)
|05/21/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- “Game of Thrones” fans in China were left reeling after Tencent Video, the country’s official streamer of HBO content, axed its simulcast of the show’s series finale.
- Tencent Video officially attributed the broadcast problems to “media transfer issues,” according to Reuters.
- But an HBO spokesman told The Wall Street Journal that it was due to tensions brought on by the US-China trade war.
- Washington and Beijing have amped up their trade battle recently, with both sides imposing new tariffs on each other and President Donald Trump designating Chinese tech giant Huawei a national-security threat.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
China axed read more >>>