Citi beats, but equity trading misses the mark (C)
|04/15/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Citigroup announced solid first-quarter results ahead of Monday’s opening bell.
- Total revenue of $18.6 billion was in-line with expectations.
- FICC trading revenue beat expectations, while equities trading revenue was below consensus forecasts.
- Watch Citi trade live.
Citigroup announced first-quarter results that beat on the bottom line, but saw equity trading came up short. Shares were little changed following the report.
Here are the results compared with what analysts surveyed by Bloomberg were anticipating:
- Earnings per share: $1.87 versus $1.80 expected
- Revenue: $18.6 billion versus $18.6 billion expected
- FICC trading revenue: $3.45 billion versus $3.18 billion expected
- Equities trading revenue: $842 million versus $927 million expected
“We remain committed to read more >>>