College student files lawsuit against the Chinese billionaire founder of JD.com, after US prosecutors declined to charge him in alleged rape (JD)
|04/17/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The billionaire founder and CEO of Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com was arrested in Minneapolis last August after an accusation of rape.
- Minnesota authorities released Richard Liu Qiangdong without charge the day after the arrest and declined to press charges in December, citing insufficient evidence.
- His accuser, 21-year-old Liu Jingyao, revealed her identity for the first time in a civil lawsuit filed against the tech CEO on Tuesday.
- According to Bloomberg, she claims Liu plied her with alcohol at a networking dinner, assaulted her in a limousine, and attacked her at her apartment.
- In a statement to Business Insider, Liu’s lawyers called the lawsuit read more >>>