Congress is set to grill the FCC’s chairman for falsely claiming his agency was hit with a cyberattack — here’s how it could affect the war over net neutrality
|08/14/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai should expect some tough questions at a Senate hearing last week.
- Last week, the agency’s inspector general released a report into an incident last year in which the FCC’s servers became unavailable during the comment period over Pai’s repeal of the agency’s net-neutrality rules.
- At the time of the outage, Pai and the FCC told Congress and the public that it had been caused by a cyberattack.
- The report found no evidence to back that assertion. In fact, investigators believed agency officials made false statements to Congress, and referred the case to federal prosecutors.
- The incident could read more >>>