- Ex-Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen warned coronavirus could cause the US economy to shrink, according to Bloomberg.
- “It’s just conceivable that it could throw the United States into a recession,” the former central-bank boss said.
- The Fed will shore up consumer spending, the US economy, and financial markets if needed, Yellen added.
- Coronavirus has infected more than 82,000 people, killed at least 2,800, and spread to more than 40 countries.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The rampaging novel coronavirus threatens to choke global growth and might even shrink the US economy, former Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen warned on Wednesday.
“It’s just read more >>>