DC Comics pulled a new Batman comic book poster after Chinese fans claimed it supported Hong Kong protests
|11/29/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- DC Comics yanked an ad campaign for an upcoming Batman comic book after Chinese fans claimed it supported the ongoing Hong Kong protests.
- The poster for “Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child,” which was posted on Wednesday, depicts Batwoman preparing to throw a Molotov cocktail.
- Chinese social media users immediately slammed the poster, saying it was a veiled reference to Hong Kong’s black-clad protesters throwing Molotov cocktails.
- They also said the fact that Batwoman is wearing black and has her face covered shows support for Hong Kong demonstrators.
- Batman and Batwoman have always dressed that way.
- The China market is extremely important for Western read more >>>