A gas leak in the southern port city of Karachi has killed 14 people and sickened hundreds more, Pakistani health officials said Tuesday.
The leak set off a panic in Karachi and raised concerns because city officials could not immediately identify the source and the type of gas involved. Officials said there was no suspicion of sabotage.
The apparently odorless gas, which causes severe breathing problems, has sickened hundreds since striking Karachi’s coastal neighborhood of Kamari on Sunday night when residents began rushing to local hospitals.
Zafar Mahdi, a senior health official, put the death toll at 14 Tuesday.
Authorities said they were planning read more >>>