- The FAA said it was investigating why a Delta flight dumped jet fuel over a residential Los Angeles neighborhood on Tuesday.
- At least 44 people at several elementary schools, including children, were treated by paramedics after coming into contact with the fuel.
- The Delta flight declared an emergency shortly after take-off from LAX due to an “engine issue,” and was returning to the airport.
- Planes dump fuel as an emergency measure to make them light enough to land soon after takeoff.
- However, they are supposed to dump fuel over unpopulated areas, and at high enough altitutde for it to evaporate. Neither read more >>>