Disney is scrubbing the word ‘Fox’ from 20th Century Fox, chipping away at Rupert Murdoch’s legacy
|01/18/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Disney removed the word “Fox” from the name of the famed 20th Century Fox movie studio, Variety magazine reported Friday.
- The studio will now be known as 20th Century Studios, multiple outlets confirmed.
- Changing the name appears to be a conscious effort to distance the studio from Rupert Murdoch, who sold it to Disney in early 2019.
- In recent years, Murdoch has shed vast swathes of his media empire, which is now focused on the Fox News cable network and a stable of influential newspapers.
- Visit Business Insider’s home page for more stories.
Disney executives have axed the word “Fox” from the famed 20th read more >>>