Disney Plus isn’t a ‘Netflix killer,’ but other streamers like Apple should be worried
|04/12/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Disney unveiled its Netflix rival, Disney Plus, on Thursday, and some industry observers dubbed it a “Netflix killer.”
- But the streaming market won’t have one winner, and as Netflix is the clear No. 1, Disney Plus is much more of a threat to services from Apple and WarnerMedia.
- Disney’s aggressive pricing of Disney Plus (and Hulu) also validates Netflix’s emphasis on achieving global scale as quickly as possible.
- Netflix’s brand has become an important part of the pop-culture fabric, and while losing third-party content like Disney’s will be painful, it’s not an existential threat anymore.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
On Thursday, <a target="_blank" read more >>>