Disney Plus’ ‘Star Wars’ series, ‘The Mandalorian,’ proves the franchise can make the leap from theaters to prestige TV
|11/12/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Disney’s streaming service, Disney Plus, launched on Tuesday and with it, the first episode of the first live-action “Star Wars” series, “The Mandalorian.”
- There’s a lot riding on “The Mandalorian’s” success, according to Boxoffice Pro chief analyst Shawn Robbins.
- While Disney has committed to slowing down “Star Wars” theatrical releases, it’s developing more TV shows for Disney Plus beyond “The Mandalorian.”
- The show’s first episode suggests it’s a worthy addition to the franchise that should satisfy old and new fans alike.
- It showcases its pricey budget, which Disney CEO Bob Iger said was “around $100 million” for the first season. read more >>>