Disney says price hikes may be coming to Hulu, but analysts think that’s ‘illogical’ following pay TV’s worst quarter on record
|11/09/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- On Disney’s fourth-quarter earnings call Thursday, CEO Bob Iger said he saw “price elasticity” around Hulu with Live TV, the company’s digital TV bundle.
- Industry analysts disagree.
- Pay TV just had its worst quarter in history, and consumers are increasingly driven by price competition.
- Comcast, which owns 30% of Hulu, is also a consideration.
- Analysts say the cable giant could sell off its Hulu stake and focus its attention elsewhere.
Price hikes may soon be coming to Hulu.
Disney CEO Bob Iger talked streaming services on the company’s fourth-quarter earnings call on Thursday and noted he planned to invest to compete more heavily in the market. read more >>>