Dissociative identity disorder is nothing like how it’s portrayed in ‘Split,’ according to people who have it
|01/10/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Having a “split personality” is called Dissociative identity disorder.
- Split personalities are known as “alters,” while the body is the “host” or “system.”
- DID has been wrongly portrayed in film, TV, and books as linked with evil.
- In most cases, people with DID are the victims of abuse, not the abusers.
- They want you to know they are not “monsters” but are human just like you.
This article was originally posted on Feb 16, 2017.
Have you ever been reading a page of a book, but you zone out and don’t recall anything you’ve just read? Are you ever driving a familiar route, only to realize read more >>>