Don’t blame Netflix’s ‘The Irishman’ for the Thanksgiving box office being down this year
|12/02/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The Thanksgiving domestic box office was down 16% from last year, according to Comscore.
- Netflix released Martin Scorsese’s “The Irishman” on Wednesday and some were quick to draw a correlation. “Thanks for nothing Irishman” was trending on Linkedin on Monday.
- But a more realistic reason for the drop at the box office is that there were no blockbuster new releases over the holiday.
- The movies that were in theaters, though — such as “Frozen II” and “Knives Out” — still performed well. The former broke a Thanksgiving record and the latter exceeded expectations.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Thanksgiving domestic box read more >>>