Ellen DeGeneres is trying to block a video slamming her controversial friendship with George W. Bush but it’s gone viral
|10/10/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Ellen DeGeneres defended her friendship with former president George W. Bush in a speech on her show on Tuesday.
- Activist Rafael Shimunov produced a video satirizing the speech by projecting images of the Iraq War behind DeGeneres.
- The next day Shimunov said Twitter had removed the video on copyright grounds — but other Twitter users have started re-uploading the video in response.
- It’s an example of the Streisand Effect, in which attempting to censor something online can often end up making it more popular.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A video satirising Ellen DeGeneres’ defense of her friendship with former US read more >>>