Facebook must do some ‘deep soul searching’ about Mark Zuckerberg’s power after a huge shareholder revolt
|06/08/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Some 68% of independent Facebook investors voted to oust Mark Zuckerberg last month, cementing a vocal campaign for the firm to appoint an independent chairman.
- The tiny activist investor behind the vote, Jonas Kron, said it should be the catalyst for a period of “deep soul searching for the Facebook board.”
- He called on new board members — Jeff Zients, the CEO of investment firm Cranemere, and former American Express CEO Kenneth Chenault — to take particular note of investor unrest.
- Investors have every intention of capitalizing on their momentum, and plan on continuing to press the issue with Facebook directors.
- Visit Business read more >>>