Facebook’s key partners on its cryptocurrency Libra are refusing to publicly support it (FB)
|08/26/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Most of Facebook’s key partners on its cryptocurrency project Libra are refusing to publicly support it.
- Since announcing Libra in June 2019, there has been intense regulatory pushback on the initiatives.
- Key backers like Mastercard, Uber, and PayPal are ignoring inquiries as to whether they are still committed to Libra.
- Business Insider reached out to the two-dozen-plus Libra Association members, and only two of them agreed to answer questions about their support.
- The lack of public support leaves Facebook isolated on the controversial project, and raises questions as to whether some partners may try to quietly drop out.
In the face of intense regulatory pushback, read more >>>