Facebook’s retreat on WhatsApp ads shows the limits of its Instagram playbook and means Mark Zuckerberg must answer a $22 billion question (FB)
|01/19/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Facebook is rowing back on plans to put ads in WhatsApp and has disbanded a team that was working on the effort.
- The surprise move suggests it will not be as simple for Facebook to monetize the app, which it acquired for $22 billion, as analysts hoped.
- Instagram was a template for a successful Facebook acquisition, with the company filling it with ads and turning it into a massive cash cow.
- But WhatsApp will need to find a new model, and the team is working on features that will let businesses interact with users.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
Facebook is backing read more >>>