Federal prosecutors charged two former Twitter employees with spying on behalf of Saudi Arabia (TWTR)
|11/07/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Federal prosecutors have charged two former Twitter employees with spying on behalf of the Saudi Arabian government, The Washington Post first reported.
- The criminal complaint unsealed Wednesday alleges that the former employees snooped on the accounts of people who were critical of Saudi Arabia.
- The defendants allegedly spied on more than 6,000 Twitter accounts beginning in 2015 at Saudi Arabia’s behest.
- A Twitter spokesperson said the company is thankful for the Justice Department’s investigation but declined to answer questions about what role the employees held in the company.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Two former employees of Twitter have been charged read more >>>