GM’s bombshell lawsuit against FCA alleges years of corruption and includes claims about a failed 2015 merger (GM, FCAU, RACE)
|11/20/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- General Motors filed a lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles on Wednesday, alleging that “million of dollars in bribes” were paid to the United Auto Workers union.
- GM alleged that this racketeering scheme corrupted UAW labor agreements in 2009, 2011, and 2015.
- GM also alleged that the late FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne was a central figure in the bribery scheme.
- GM said the scheme was an attempt to influence a failed merger with GM in 2015.
- Sign up for Business Insider’s transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage read more >>>