GM’s proposed deal with the UAW actually looks pretty good for Trump (GM)
|09/16/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The United Auto Workers’ nearly 50,000 GM members are on strike.
- President Trump was a wildcard in the walkout decision. He’s jawboned GM’s leadership before, focusing on factory closings.
- But GM has offered to bring a new vehicle and battery production to two of the plants it idled, one in Michigan and one in Ohio.
- In a terse tweet, Trump said GM and the UAW should cut a deal.
- The bottom line is that GM’s offer to the UAW looks good for Trump.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
After contract negotiations between General Motors and the United Auto Workers (UAW) read more >>>