GOP Senators are in open rebellion against Trump over the trade war
|05/15/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Republican senators are openly criticising the president’s escalating trade war with China, warning that farmers in traditionally Republican rural states will bear the brunt.
- “I’d say the farm community is right on the edge of having been as supportive as they can be before that begins to turn,” GOP Senator Roy Blunt of Missouri told Bloomberg.
- The president has pledged federal assistance for farmers impacted by the trade war.
- China imposed tariffs on US agricultural goods in retaliation for Trump’s first round of tariffs last year.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Republican senators are breaking ranks to criticise read more >>>