- Engine oil can seem complicated, with all the different brands an grades, but it’s actually pretty straightforward.
- You do need some basic knowledge, however.
- You also need to know your vehicle and stay on top of its oil-change schedule.
- For the most part, auto manufacturers have made all your oil-related decision for you — it’s usually best to follow their lead.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Motor oil performs three critical functions for your car.
It lubricates the internal-combustion engine, which generations a lot of friction. It also cools down an internal combustion engine, which creates a lot of heat. And it cleans read more >>>