Here are the popular YouTubers with millions of fans that are losing their verified status and coveted grey checkmark thanks to a policy change (GOOG, GOOGL)
|09/20/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- YouTube announced Thursday that it was overhauling the qualifications for creators to get verified on the platform.
- Those verified creators get a checkmark next to their names on YouTube — something of a status symbol for top creators.
- However, YouTube is also removing checkmarks from channels who no longer meet the new, stricter criteria.
- Currently, any channel with more than 100,000 subscribers is eligible for verification, but it seems YouTube will be stricter in deciding who actually gets a coveted checkmark moving forward.
- YouTubers with hundreds of thousands, and even millions, of subscribers have posted to social media to share that read more >>>