Here’s how much Australia’s billionaires have donated to relief efforts for the wildfires that have destroyed 25 million acres of land and have killed at least 28 people
|01/14/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Wildfires have been tearing through Australia since late July, damaging more than 3,000 homes and killing at least 28 people.
- Australians including Celeste Barber, the comedian who organized the largest fundraiser in Facebook’s history for wildfire relief efforts, have criticized the country’s billionaires for not donating more.
- The largest known gift from an Australian came from mining billionaire Andrew Forrest, who donated $48 million.
- Some billionaires have gotten creative with their gifts, even donating through bids on Russell Crowe‘s online auction for the hat he wore while cleaning his fire-damaged property in November.
- An estimated 25 million read more >>>