Hong Kong’s extradition bill could plunge it into the US-China trade war
|06/12/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Hong Kong lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow extradition of residents to mainland China.
- Passing the law could lead to the US revoking Hong Kong’s special commercial status, potentially exposing it to tariffs on Chinese goods.
- It could also lead foreign companies to flee Hong Kong rather than risk ending up in China’s legal system.
- However, America may hesitate to clamp down on trade with Hong Kong, as it ran a surplus of nearly $34 billion with the territory in 2018.
- Visit Markets Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Hong Kong lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow extradition of residents read more >>>